Skip to main content

Day 1

What If? 

News that I have to be quarantined for the next 10 days came upon me as a shock. “You would always think that it will happen to others and not to yourself.” This sentiment rang true to me as I ponder the “what ifs”. What if I didn’t take over YQ’s lesson on Tuesday, what if it were another student from another class or another school. 

I guess all the what ifs will just remain as it is, what if. Ultimately, I believe that God has a plan for this to happen in my life at such a time. Hopefully as I pen down my thoughts and look back at what I’ve written over the course of the next 10 days, I will find the answer. 

Feeling of guilt and loss weighs heavily on my heart today. I cannot hug and kiss the one I love, even though we are in the same house, I am unable to speak to them face to face for fear of passing something unknown and invisible. How will Shirleen manage without me around her? Will this take a toil on her health? How will the helper manage the children given that even before this she seems so impatient around them? A thousand and one questions keep weighing on my mind.

But as I meditate, the one thing that I believe God is telling me today is to continue to be faithful. It’s not enough to just be faithful once but I need to continue to be faithful especially when things are not going well (which definitely describes the situation I am in right now). He is also reminding me that my family, my health, my wealth is not MINE but HIS. These are HIS children and HIS daughter. I need to trust that God is looking after them as well and that I need to do all I can to be good stewards of what belong to Him.


Dear God,
Help me know you more each day as I take a step back from my busyness and reflect on who you are. Help me to know you more and more each day, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

 Life is a dream, realise it ~ Mother Teresa This quote from Mother Teresa stood out to me today. Indeed, how we choose to live our life will determine the happiness we get out of it. If we choose to live our lives chasing after emptiness, our happiness will be empty. Life is temporal, but God is eternal.   To whoever is reading this, I urge you to look beyond what is temporal and live for what is eternal. I leave you with this quote from Rick Warren, At most you will live a hundred years on earth, but you will spend forever in eternity.